Data Protection Statement
What is the purpose of this notice?
In order to provide you with the Health Squad's 8 Week Lifestyle Programme we need to collect some information about you to enable us to send you the content most relevant to you by email. This notice sets out details of the information that is collected, how it is processed, to whom it is disclosed, and your rights under data protection law in relation to the processing of your data.
Who controls the use of your personal data?
Vhi Insurance DAC, whose registered address is Vhi House, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1, is the company that controls and is responsible for personal data that is collected in relation to this programme.
What personal data is being collected?
For the purposes of this programme the data being collected is First Name, Email Address, dietary preference Meat or Vegan/Vegetarian and whether Parental Advice is required or not.
Who do we share your data with?
For the purposes of this programme data will be shared with our third party provider Salesforce using Pardot which is their Campaign Management Tool.
Why do you process my personal data?
We process your personal data in order to provide you with our services and to assist us in the operation of our business. Under data protection law we are required to ensure that there is an appropriate basis for the processing of your personal data, and we are required to let you know what that basis is.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent.
For this Campaign the data below is collected and the reason is alongside:
- Email address - this is vital for an e-campaign as this is the means by which we contact you (with your consent).
- First name - your name is used to personalise the emails sent out.
- Dietary Preference - The content of this campaign is based on your preferences so to ensure that the content you receive is relevant to you we ask for your preference.
- Parenting Advice - The content of this campaign is based on your preferences so to ensure that the content you receive is relevant to you we ask if you would like to receive parenting advice.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Salesforce hosts its Pardot Servers in the US meaning that your data will be transferred outside of the EEA for the duration of this programme. Rest assured that we have taken appropriate measures in our contract with Salesforce to protect your personal data and to comply with our obligations under the applicable data protection law. If you would like further details about the measures we have taken in relation to the transfer of your personal data, or copies of the agreements that we have put in place in relation to the transfers, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this notice.
Retention of Data.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to extend access to the Health Squad programme beyond the original timeline. For the purposes of this programme your personal data will be held in Pardot from the moment when you sign up for the 8 week programme until the 30th September 2021 when it will be deleted.
You have various rights under data protection law, subject to certain exemptions, in connection with our processing of your personal data:
- Right to access the data - You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification - You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure - You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
- Right to withdraw your consent - at any time during the Campaign you can opt to withdraw your consent and you will receive no further emails.
In order to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Questions or Complaints.
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can get in touch with us using the following contact details:
- Post: Data Protection Officer, Vhi, Vhi House, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the dataprotection.ie website, or you can call the Data Protection Commission on 1890 252 231.
Page updated: 01 October 2020